Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Overview Arturo Vasquez served as a financial advisor to Hector P. Garcia’s American G.I. Forum chapter. His collection includes information about his personal, military, and professional life as a CPA. He served as a School Board Trustee for the Corpus Christi Independent School District and other municipal and business organizations. Hispanic-American civil rights during the middle 20th century features heavily in this collection.
Content Description Dr. Clotilde P. Garcia's papers contain genealogical data for the churches and towns of colonial Northern Mexico including the province of Nuevo Santander, as well as minutes, correspondence, and other materials from the Spanish American Genealogical Association (SAGA) and other civic organizations in which she was involved. It also contains her personal correspondence and information about her scholarship activities.
Scope and Contents Note This collection contains the personal and professional records of Dr. Hector Perez Garcia (1914-1996), a 20th century physician, soldier, political advisor, and civil rights activist. The materials span the years 1910-2015, although the bulk of them date from the time of his World War II service through his death in 1996. Materials dated prior to Dr. Garcia’s birth are family records documenting the lives of his relatives; materials dating after his death consist of obituaries, retrospectives,...
Jose Cisneros Collection Regarding a Court Case against C.C.I.S.D and Segregation of Mexican American Children
Collection — Multiple Containers
Scope and Contents The Jose Cisneros collection consists of twelve cubic feet of public documents from the court case including the court reporter's transcripts of the proceedings, records of appeals, numerous exhibits, and other items from the case of Cisneros vs. Corpus Christi Independent School District concerning segregation of Mexican American students. The Jose Cisneros collection represents a voluminous record of an important legal event in post World War II Mexican American history.
- Subject: Discrimination X
- Corpus Christi Independent School District (Tex.) 3
- Garcia, Clotilde P., 1917-2003 2
- Garcia, Hector P., 1914-1996 2
- League of United Latin American Citizens 2
- Port Ayers American G.I. Forum 2
- Cisneros, Jose 1
- Corpus Christi. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission 1
- De Anda, James 1
- Frito-Lay, Inc. 1
- Gonzalez, Genevieve B. 1
- Hefner, Nadine Vasquez 1
- Humphrey, Hubert H. (Hubert Horatio), 1911-1978 1
- Johnson, Lyndon B. (Lyndon Baines), 1908-1973 1
- Kennedy, John F. (John Fitzgerald), 1917-1963 1
- Longoria, Felix Z., Jr., 1920-1945 1
- Peña, Domingo 1
- Shriver, Sargent, 1915-2011 1
- United Nations 1
- United States Commission on Civil Rights. Texas State Advisory Committee 1
- United States. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission 1
- Vasquez, CPA, Arturo, 1924-2010 1
- Vasquez, Marie Leal 1
- Ximenes, Vicente 1 ∧ less