Hi-Fairnessee Girls Club records
- 1930 - 2011
Language of Materials
Conditions Governing Access
Conditions Governing Use
6 Linear Feet
Biographical / Historical
Although it contained both boys and girls in the beginning, in January 1932, the club was reorganized by the female students as an exclusively girls’ organization called the Hi-Fairnessee Girls Club. It focused on its members attending and graduating from High School and having a wholesome social environment. It has maintained a constant presence in Corpus Christi, and in 2011 it celebrated its 80th anniversary.
The club membership came through invitation only. Since its beginning the club has had approximately 2000 members and has included girls from all the high schools in Corpus Christi and even from high schools in the surrounding metropolitan region. Many of these girls became leaders in business, the professions, and governmental affairs of Corpus Christi. The Hi-Fairnessee Girls Club has likewise developed into an organization that emphasizes community outreach and civic activity.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
- In Progress
- The archival processing and creation of the inventory of the Hi-Fairnessee Girls Club Records was done by Mitchell Winters in the spring semester, 2012. Preliminary organization of the collection was accomplished by Grace Charles in 2011-2012.
- Description rules
- Language of description
Part of the Special Collections and Archives, Mary and Jeff Bell Library, Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi Repository
6300 Ocean Dr.
Corpus Christi TX 78412 United States